As POW Engineering continues to grow, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are always accepting resumes throughout the year and will find a spot for the right candidate, however sometimes we are actively seeking candidates to fill specific roles. We have in-house structural, mechanical, welding, controls, and civil engineering disciplines. We also have in house welding, machining, and fabrication. We will look to puzzle in the right candidates or fill positions whether it is full time, or a co-op.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
We are seeking a Structural Steel Designer capable of thinking outside the box. Mechanical aptitude, experience in steel erection or fabrication, a desire for continual personal growth, and experience in project management are all beneficial traits for this position.
Range of Responsibilities can Include
- Design of Steel Structures from Conception to Completion
- Produce structural concepts using 3D Modeling software
- Create fabrication/erection drawings and packages for builds
- Create as-built drawings.
- Review drawings to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Modelling and Extraction of Existing Site Conditions
- 3D Scanning of existing structures and modelling.
- Read and extract specific information from Architectural and Structural design drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Project Management:
- Prepare accurate, clear, and concise detailed fabrication drawings, general arrangement plans, anchor bolt layouts, sketches and written instructions using Tekla Structures 3D automated detailing software and AutoCAD.
- Perform changes, additions and/or revisions as necessary to meet contract requirements.
- Procure parts and materials.
- Meet established goals and objectives and communicate project status to internal and external clients.
- Support installations and manage projects on-site as required.
- Travel to international job sites available long term
- Post-secondary technical education (Architectural Technology, Construction Technology).
- Experience with Tekla Structures or similar detailing software is a tremendous asset.
- Skilled in AutoCAD.
- Able to work efficiently and produce immediate results with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with all types of people including fellow designers, shop floor workers, clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Manufacturing and erection experience desired.
- Strong desire to learn and grow necessary.
- Respect for Others
- Pride in Work
Pow Engineering is a well-established engineering firm that specializes in the design, analysis, modelling, testing, and supply of equipment and structures for the automotive, aerospace, mining, transportation, and construction industries. We take pride in the range and difficulty of our projects, as well as our ability to incorporate our high-end technologies to deliver practical solutions to site.
Our areas of expertise allow for a range of exposure to various design and supply projects. We take tremendous pride in our aggressive mindset to take on new challenges made possible by our employees, reputation, office environment and the range and quality of our client base.
If you want to use your skills in a fast-paced, exciting, supportive environment, please forward your resume. We pay competitively based upon skills and experience and provide a great place to spend the day and develop your career.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be considered and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.